quickly and easily
Qualify the nonconformity
and determine its causes
Trigger corrective actions
and measure them
What is a nonconformity
According to the definition unanimously recognized in quality management, a nonconformity is a failure to satisfy a requirement or a deviation from a specification, standard or expectation. Depending on their severity, nonconformities are usually classed as critical, major or minor.
The nonconformity record for declaration
To report a nonconformity easily and quickly, it is important to have a form that guides the user through the process of entering the nonconformity and ensures the traceability of the process. A nonconformity record should at least include the information required to qualify it:
- identity of the person declaring the NC
- description of the NC, including:
- its origin (supplier, customer, internal etc.)
- its causes
- its consequences
Once entered, the nonconformity must be addressed. Still with the goal of ensuring traceability, the nonconformity record must be completed by a supervisor:
- definition of corrective measures and allocation of an action plan
- possible definition of preventive measures and allocation of an action plan
Each action plan is allocated to a person responsible for carrying out the ad hoc actions.
The last stage involves completing the record with evaluations of the actions taken:
- evaluation of the corrective actions: effective, not very effective, not at all effective
- evaluation of the preventive actions: effective, not very effective, not at all effective
Based on the evaluation, a new action plan may be defined.
The process for addressing nonconformities in order to monitor incidents
The process for addressing nonconformities must involve collaboration and traceability between the declarer and the different stakeholders involved in addressing the nonconformity.
Every employee of the company should be able to enter incidents so that they can be qualified and addressed by the quality manager.
- Declaration phase
- Qualification phase
- Creating an action plan with corrective and/or preventive measures
- Carrying out the actions
- Evaluating the actions
- Closing the nonconformity (all the evaluations are satisfactory)
Nonconformity management software quickly becomes essential. The standard office software solutions (e.g. Excel spreadsheets) quickly reach their limits.
2/4 rue du centre
93160 Noisy Le Grand, France
Telephone and Fax
Tel.: +33 (0)1 55 85 11 95
Fax: +33 (0)1 55 85 11 90
view other products